Today, we’ll be looking at 3 different customer scenarios for us. They are often frequent and can happen at any time.
1. You brought a second hand product and when you open the box it is broken– not by your fault, but just because the item was faulty. You take the item to the store but they say it cannot be returned or refunded because it is a second hand good. What do you do? And what is your right?
– You have the right to return your goods, even if they are second hand if they are broken or damaged.
2. You buy a product that tells you it can remove your wine stain from your sofa. You try it at home and the product does nothing aside from making the stain a little less red, the product did nothing else. Can you return it, even after opening and using it?
– Sure you can! The product does not do what it says it can do, and therefore has been sold to you under a false pretence. You have every right to a full refund, unless you haven’t been using it correctly.
3. You found a dress you really like! You try it on in store and decide it’s the perfect fit. You purchase it and wear it on a night out. In under 28 days you decide that you don’t like the look of the dress anymore and want to return it. Can you do so?
– You may be able to, but in regard to the laws you really shouldn’t. you can’t simply use a product and then return it because you don’t like it any more, or if you change your mind.
4. You’re thinking of buying a new expensive electrical item. Such as an iron, as you go to purchase the sales assistant asks if you’d like to purchase the warranty for the next year on your item. Do you bother or not?
– Purchasing a warranty is a good idea if this is a frequently used item that could potentially get damaged with use. Without a warranty you’d have to prove any damage done to the item was not done by yourself and was simply a fault. This can be hard to prove without evidence and often can just lead to a brand new purchase. Save yourself the hassle and purchase a warranty.
If you find you need any advice around customer care or simply want to know more, don’t hesitate to call our team on: 0116 2999 199 or alternatively you can email us at: email@example.com